Living on a farm for most of my life I have the impression that I can actually "farm" you know...grow plants and veggies. This summer I have learned a few things.
1. The broccoli was ready before it began to sprout flowers.
2. The cauliflower needs to be wrapped up in its own leaves to keep the floret white.
3. Bunnies eat everything and live under our deck.
4. Tomato plants can grow 6 inches in two days.
5. Have your twine or string ready to tie the tomato plants or you will be forced to use multi-color threads from your sewing kit. We have very stylish tomato plants =)
On a good note, I have lots of flowers and tons of strawberries. None of which I planted personally but are still growing quite nicely. We also just had our first salad with the spinach I planted and our carrots look quite nice but are still growing.
FUN AT THE PARK!!!!
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment